JOIN OUR TEAM
Working at Hawaii Employers Council is more than just a job. We are seeking talented individuals who want to be part of a team that works collaboratively with its members to develop a thriving workforce. Do you want to work in an environment that inspires new ideas, promotes life-long learning, and makes team members feel appreciated and respected? If so, we want to hear from you!
Manager, Surveys & Compensation Services
Responsible for providing research services and comprehensive survey reports covering compensation, benefits and human resources trends to Hawaii Employers Council's members. Provide compensation consulting services, assisting members with review, enhancement and/or development of compensation strategy, structure and programs.
- Manages comprehensive market surveys of both diversified and target industry pay and benefit practices in order to provide Members with competitive pay information needed to support their employee recruitment and retention efforts.
- Responsible for survey questionnaire development, member participation follow-up, data editing and reporting, report publication. Ensures local survey results are provided to National Report providers and distributes to survey participants. Continually seeks new and improved survey opportunities to optimize use of related resources to better meet Member needs and increase survey participation.
- Provides market analysis comparison to help members determine pay competitiveness of job(s) both within the local and national markets as requested and provides education on the outcomes of the analysis.
- Provides education on "how to understand survey data" to help members understand the best way to benchmark their own data with survey data.
- Writes articles for the news digest, reporting on trends utilizing the data from the surveys.
- Assists IT Manager in the investigation and recommendation of possible software programs and system requirements for conducting and reporting surveys, and storing records and files, as well as, national market data software resources.
- Provides assessment of existing compensation programs to determine competitiveness of compensation programs, structures and pay practices and ensure alignment with compensation philosophy and strategy along with the organization's mission, vision and values. Partners with members to develop compensation philosophy and strategy, structures and compensation programs in support of the organization's mission, vision and values.
- Develops and presents client/member presentation reports covering findings and recommendations based on the scope of each project.
- Partners with members to determine needs/interests and evaluate options of variable pay programs which best support achievement of the organization's compensation objectives.
- Develops and conducts training on the development and implementation of compensation programs.
- Researches and understands the current and upcoming competitive markets for employee pay and benefits.
- Works with established online sites that specialize in compensation to do market comparisons of pay by member demographics and job responsibilities.
- Assists members in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Provides on-site compensation consulting services to member companies as requested.
- Accompanies the Director of Membership Development on prospective and new member calls.
- May develop/coordinate/conduct workshops or seminars relating to compensation programs.
- May develop/coordinate/conduct workshops or seminars relating to surveys.
- Bachelors degree in business administration, human resources, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Ten years experience in human resource management and compensation programs with increasing responsibilities in the development and administration of compensation programs.
- Five years experience utilizing strategic-thinking skills in developing Human Resources and Compensation Strategy.
- Knowledge of economics and statistics required.
- WorldatWork Certified Compensation Professional (CCP and/or GRP) designation required; SHRM Senior Human Resources Professional (SPHR) desirable.
- Ability to continually update knowledge relating procedures, standards, practices and trends in compensation management.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, service oriented environment with a deliberate sense of urgency, action-oriented, proactive and responsive with a commitment to high quality deliverables and exceptional follow-through.
- Ability to gain respect and credibility with people at all organizational levels with a diverse group of organizations (varying employment/revenue size and corporate cultures).
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to understand complex compensation issues.
- Ability to analyze statistical data; interpret data; and write concise reports.
- Good public speaking, training and group facilitation skills.
- Service-oriented approach to communications and relations with members
- Demonstrated knowledge of office computer software, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with all levels of staff, members, and vendors.
- Ability to travel to member sites on Oahu as well as the neighbor islands.
Interested and qualified applicants please email a copy of resume to careersHEC@hecouncil.org