The Council regularly offers a series of workshops in its “Fundamentals of Supervision” certificate series (offered quarterly on Oahu and annually on Maui, Kauai and the Big Island), as well as a second “Advanced Supervision” series offered annually on Oahu.
The “Fundamentals of Supervision” series is designed for first-line supervisors with little training or experience in supervision. Topics covered in the series include:
- Supervision 101
- Basic Employment Laws
- Preventing Workplace Harassment: An Updated Approach
- Interviewing & Selecting - Want to Hire "A" Players?
- Building Employee Performance
- Investigating & Addressing Misconduct
- Performance Appraisals I
- Performance Appraisals II