Develop Your Own Purpose-Driven, Personal Brand and Craft a Stronger, More Compelling Elevator Pitch
Join us as author, keynote speaker, and entrepreneur Patrice Tanaka, Founder & Chief Joy Officer of Joyful Planet in New York, will help you learn why discovering and articulating your purpose is the single most efficient and powerful thing you can do to unleash your leadership potential and the joy of a more fulfilling life. And how you can leverage your life purpose statement to create a “distinguishing” purpose-driven, personal brand platform for yourself AND craft a compelling, personalized “elevator pitch.”
During the workshop, Patrice will discuss:
- Why knowing your purpose is a powerful, “competitive advantage” in business and life.
- How sharing your life purpose allows you to engage with others – colleagues, clients, new business prospects, etc. – in a deeper, more authentic way to start the process of establishing credibility and trust, which is key for people deciding whether to invest more time in you, doing business with you or helping you achieve what matters most to you.
- That, although less than one in five leaders knows their purpose – and even fewer can articulate it in a concrete statement, experts agree it is the single, most important developmental task you can undertake as a leader for yourself and your organization.
- How your purpose helps you navigate the challenges of life in a very focused and efficient way, making decisions clearer to help you achieve what matters most.
During this workshop, including some follow up*, you will think through questions to understand who you are at your essence, what matters most to you and how you can leverage your talent, expertise and passion in service of other people and our planet.
You will leave the workshop:
- With the first iteration of your life purpose statement, which is the distinguishing “platform” for your own purpose-driven, personal brand.
- The experience of “sharing” your life purpose statement with others as the first step to more fully embracing and owning it.
- Knowing how to use your life purpose statement to create a succinct, compelling, 30+ second “elevator pitch” about yourself and having practiced your pitch.
During the Workshop: You will complete a 10-question, My Life Purpose questionnaire, which you will have 20-25 minutes to complete. Your responses to the questionnaire will aid you in writing the first iteration of your life purpose statement.
*Post-Workshop: Patrice will follow-up with each workshop participant to help them finalize their purpose statement and make sure it meets the important criteria of being “accurate, exciting and inspiring,” which are the hallmarks of a hard-driving, hard-working life purpose statement.
About our Speakers
Patrice Tanaka is a serial entrepreneur, having co-founded three award-winning, PR & marketing firms, including the largest, employee-owned PR agency in the U.S. Her agencies have been recognized as the "#1 Most Creative," “#1 Most Esteemed” and among the “best places” to work in PR.
Patrice is the Founder & Chief Joy Officer of Joyful Planet, a Business & Life Strategy Consultancy, working with individuals and organizations to discover and actively live their purpose to unleash their greatest success, fulfillment and joy in their personal lives, in their businesses and in their communities. This is the subject of Patrice’s best-selling new book, Beat the Curve (2016), co-authored with renowned management consultant and coach, Brian Tracy.
Patrice has been honored by many organizations, including PRWeek (2016 Hall of Fame inductee), PRSA Foundation (Paladin Award), Public Relations Society of America (“Paul M. Lund Award for Public Service”), The Holmes Report (“Creativity All-Star”), New York Women in Communications (“Matrix” Award), Association for Women in Communications, Asian Women in Business, Working Mother magazine (“Mothering that Works” Award), Girl Scouts of Greater New York (“Women of Distinction” Award), University of Hawaii (Distinguished Alumni), among others.
Download the registration form for check payments only. For credit card payments please register and process payment through our website. Payment must accompany registration form.
Neighbor Island Member: $45
2682 Waiwai Loop
Honolulu, HI 96819