Registration for this class is closed.
HEC has partnered with Glenn Furuya and Leadership Works to present a two-part seminar that will help individual contributors, supervisors, and project team members develop meaningful and lasting relationships with others, enhance customer service, improve teamwork, and discover practical ways to connect with others.
SESSION 1: TEAMWORK ISLAND STYLE
Session 1 is from 8:00 am to 11:30 am (registration at 7:45 am)
Building a strong, unified team and a devoted customer base are critical for survival in today’s competitive global climate. Yet, many companies often take this for granted, failing to seek ways to improve internal and external relations or identify opportunities to distinguish themselves in the market place until it is often too late.
During this inspiring, half-day session, you will receive practical and memorable protocols, tools, and metaphors that will boost teamwork and deliver world-class service, Island Style!
During Session 1, participants will learn:
- The influence of the Eastern, Western and Polynesian cultures and values;
- Why true team players “Live Aloha”;
- The impact of the giving heart;
- Two key elements of teamwork;
- The value of island style resourcefulness;
- How to thrive during times of difficulty or uncertainty; and,
- Why every leader must strive for Lokahi (“peace, unity and harmony”).
SESSION 2: RED APPLE SERVICE - An Apple a Day Keeps the DRAMA Away!
Session 2 is from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm (registration at 12:15 pm)
In today’s competitive global market, customers expect and want personal, friendly service and someone that listens and promptly fulfills their needs. Give them just that, and they will provide repeat business and become a walking endorsement for your organization. Give them anything less, and they will not only run to the nearest competitor, but openly share their dissatisfaction over social media.
During Session 2, participants will learn:
- How to recognize the eight types of “rotten apples” that can turn customers off and hurt their organization’s reputation.
- Identify their “apple core” - the key to serving joyfully and purposefully.
- Discover how extraordinary customer service is like fresh baked apple pie a la mode!
- Understand how to leave high impact points of contact with customers that will leave lasting positive impressions and build loyalty.
- Uncover the secret of Japan’s world-renowned customer service skills.
- Practice a simple recipe with only three ingredients that makes for superior service.
- Determine the five slices of an apple that represent the core virtues of Red Apple Service.
- Learn how to handle customer complaints in a positive and respectful manner.
At the close of the workshop, participants will also have an opportunity to determine three key ways they can commit to delivering Red Apple Service.
Sign up for both sessions and SAVE! Register by May 10th and receive a 15% discount.
Members – Session 1 only $150 (includes light morning refreshments and seminar materials)
Members – Session 2 only $150 (includes light afternoon refreshments and seminar materials)
Members – Both sessions; $225 (includes light morning/afternoon refreshments, lunch, & seminar materials)
Non-Members – Session 1 only $225 (includes light morning refreshments and seminar materials)
Non-Members – Session 2 only $225 (includes light afternoon refreshments and seminar materials)
Non-Members – Both sessions; $395 (includes light morning/afternoon refreshments, lunch, & seminar materials)
About the Speaker
Glenn Furuya, Founder, President & Chief Educational Officer (CEO) of Leadership Works, holds Bachelor and Master Degrees in Education from the University Hawaii. During his career as a special education teacher for eight years in Hilo, Glenn created strategies and fostered environments that inspired children to learn.
Glenn also served as the head of advertising and assistant to the company President at KTA Super Stores, based in Hilo, where he gained valuable business experiences and insights that transformed the company from a small, family-owned market to a modern retail entity.
In 1982, Glenn left his teaching career and job at the market to pursue his passion in leadership and formed Leadership Works – a company that has been devoted to growing people, teams, and businesses for 35 years. He is the author of the book, The Little Book with Fifty Big Ideas on Leadership.
1660 South Beretania Street
Honolulu, HI 96826