FREE WEBINAR FOR MEMBERS ONLY
On March 23, 2018, Congress passed an omnibus bill which contained a provision that scaled back the federal Department of Labor’s proposed tip pooling regulation, but paved the way for employers to establish mandatory tip pooling arrangements that include “back of the house” staff. If your business employs workers who regularly receive customer tips, this webinar will help you to comply with the laws regulating tipped employees.
This webinar will include a general review of current wage and hour law relating to tipped employees, as well as a discussion of the new tip pooling rules. The running time is 1 hr. 15 minutes.
The topics include:
- Federal and Hawaii tip credit rules
- Treatment of mandatory service charges under federal and Hawaii law
- New tip pooling rules allowing inclusion of “back of the house” staff
- Prohibitions on employers and managers from retaining tips
- Federal rules relating to tips charged to credit cards
- Overview of IRS tip reporting requirements
Presenter: Clayton Kamida, J.D., President of the Hawaii Employers Council