Class is closed ~ Thank you!
Women in the workforce…my, how things have changed!
The labor force participation rate for Women in 1950 was 34%. The rate peaked in 1998 to 60% and as of 2016 the participation rate was 57%. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics).
What hasn’t changed is how Employers address the unique challenges women face along their financial journey. Over the last couple decades we have seen significant shifts in Women demographics that highlight the need for targeted financial education for Women in the workforce.
- 44% of Women are their family’s primary breadwinner.
- 50% of Women are in management or professional occupations.
- Women make up 66% of the population over age 85.
- On average Women will outlive their spouse by 5 years.
Please join us for an insightful discussion about the financial challenges specific to Women and solutions to overcoming the following:
- Specific financial matters affecting Women at each life stage
- How to navigate each life stage successfully
- Recognize women’s unique financial challenges
- What keeps them up at night?
- Get help when they need it
About our Speaker
Shawna Christiansen is a retirement consultant for Retirement Benefits Group, where she provides retirement solutions for corporations and small businesses. Her goal is to create exceptional retirement plan experiences for employers and their employees while helping to ensure the highest quality programs, saving time and reducing exposure to fiduciary liability
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2019
Time: 8:30 am to 10:00 am (Registration at 8:15 am)
Place: Central Union Church
Member Price: Free*
Non-Member Price: $15.00*
*No shows will be charged $15.00
Includes breakfast and seminar materials
Click here to download the registration form to pay by check. Please mail check and registration to the attention of Francine Fong. Payment must accompany the registration form to be processed.
1660 S. Beretania Street
Honolulu, HI 96826