Sign-up for our hands-on, in-person First Aid/CPR/AED certification program! Through this program, participants will be able to recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing, and first aid emergencies. The program will also teach skills that participants need to know to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person until advanced medical personnel arrive and take over.
All instructors are currently certified in First Aid/CPR/AED, Lifeguarding, and Emergency Medical Response and this program meets OSHA guidelines for First Aid/CPR/AED.
Learning Objectives for First Aid/CPR/AED
- Identify the signals of common sudden illnesses and how to care for common sudden illnesses.
- Describe how to care for someone who is having a seizure.
- Identify the signals of and how to care for heat-related illnesses and cold-related emergencies.
- Identify signals of and how to care for various soft tissue and musculoskeletal injuries.
- Demonstrate how to control external bleeding.
- Identify signals of and explain how to care for head, neck and spinal injuries.
- Recognize the signals of a cardiac emergency.
- Identify the links in the Cardiac Chain of Survival.
- Describe how to care for a heart attack.
- Explain the role of CPR in cardiac arrest.
- Demonstrate how to perform CPR.
- Demonstrate how to care for a person who is choking.
- Explain what defibrillation is and how it works.
- Identify precautions to take when using an AED on a person in sudden cardiac arrest.
- Demonstrate how to use an AED.
The course certification is valid for 2 years.
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2020
Time: 9:00 am to 1:30 pm (Registration at 8:30 am)
Place: Hawaii Employers Council – Kahili Room
Member Price: $135
Non-Member Price: $185
Save 10% if 2 or more employees register from the same organization
Includes morning refreshments
Click here to download the registration form to submit with check payment. Payment must accompany registration.
2682 Waiwai Loop
Honolulu, HI 96819