COVID-19 has brought new safety concerns for businesses trying to provide a safe workplace for their staff. Join Alan Yamamoto, HIOSH Consulting & Training Program Manager, as he explains employers’ safety obligations in light of COVID-19 including:
- The applicability of HIOSH’s general duty clause;
- The employers’ duty to assess hazards in the workplace (Job Hazard Assessment);
- Updating the written safety and health program to include policies and procedures related to COVID-19;
- Training related to COVID-19;
- Whether face coverings, face shields, and gloves are considered personal protective equipment (PPE) and whether employers must provide such equipment to staff;
- Required and voluntary use of N95 filtering facepieces, and their requirements;
- Sanitizers and the Hazard Communication Standard; and
- What COVID-19 resources are available to you.
About our Speaker:
Alan Yamamoto has been with the Hawaii Occupational Safety and Health Division (HIOSH) for the past 20 years. He spent more than 11-1/2 years with the Enforcement Branch of the Division, specializing in Occupational Health. About eight years ago, Alan moved to the Consultation & Training Branch of the Division, where he enjoys utilizing his knowledge to proactively educate and assist employers in creating a safe and healthful workplace.
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
HEC Members: Free
Register online below or email Liane Okimoto at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please provide your full name, company name & email address.