HEC’s COVID-19 Resources — Updates & Highlights
When Hawaii Employers Council’s first article about the coronavirus came out in early February, there were only 11 reported cases in the United States and none in Hawaii. To say that a lot has happened in the past five months would be a massive understatement. There has been, without a doubt, an excess of adversity. But there have also been countless displays of humanity, community, and creativity. Through it all, HEC has strived to provide our members and the Hawaii business community with timely information, resources, and advice. We will continue to assist Hawaii businesses not only survive, but thrive and use this opportunity to grow into stronger organizations.
COVID-19 Resource Roundup
Things have been changing at a rapid pace - new and updated regulations and guidance, government proclamations, Q&As, and FAQs. HEC’s weekly News Digest has been temporarily replaced by our COVID-19 Resource Roundup, which gets emailed on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons. The Resource Roundup timely apprises you of important changes, highlights new resources, and informs you of new webinars and virtual training. If you do not already receive the Resource Roundup, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Resources Page
Additionally, HEC’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage is continuously updated with HEC resources as well as links to various other helpful resources. There are a number of links to help businesses reopen and bring employees back to the workplace, including:
- Guides to Returning to the Workplace, Phase 1 (Administrative and Strategic Considerations) and Phase 2 (Organizational Effectiveness)
- Model Policies for Returning to Work, Business Travel, and Health Screening
- Guidance from federal and local government agencies such as OSHA’s Guidance on Returning to Work, CDC’s Resuming Business Toolkit, and the State of Hawaii’s Economic & Community Recovery Navigator: Charting the Course for Hawaii’s Recovery.
The most recently added resources include:
- HEC’s Return to the Workplace Checklist
- HEC’s article on How to Deal with Fraudulent Pandemic Unemployment Assistance Claims
- The Executive Summary of HEC’s Organizational Effectiveness and Health Survey
HEC’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage also contains numerous samples, FAQs, guidance, and links pertaining to:
- Proclamations and orders from the State and County governments;
- Equal Employment Opportunity laws;
- Health and Safety;
- Leadership and Well-being;
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA);
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act;
- Issues related to collective bargaining;
- Summaries of HEC’s COVID-19 Surveys;
- Reductions in Force and Layoffs;
- COVID-19 General Information; and
- Travel Advisories.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at (808) 836-1511 (Oahu) or 1-800-392-3589 (Neighbor Island).