News & Announcements
Hawaii Employers Council 2014 Chairman and Executive Committee Appointed
Dennis Brown, President/CEO of Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii, was recently appointed Chairman of the Hawaii Employers Council Board of Governors for 2014. Dennis brings 15 years of experience of leading a nonprofit organization to his role as Council Chairman.
"We will benefit from Dennis' leadership skills, and ability to maneuver his organization through the difficult times that all nonprofits faced in the past few years," said Clayton Kamida, President of the Hawaii Employers Council. "Our newly-appointed Executive Committee members bring a wealth of experience from different industries, and their business acumen will be invaluable as we strive to meet the human resource and labor relations needs of our members."
In addition to Dennis, also appointed to the Council's Executive Committee were:
- John Monahan, President & CEO, Hawai'i Visitors and Convention Bureau
- Tammy Nakamatsu, Senior Vice President, Bank of Hawaii
- John Schapperle, President & COO, Island Insurance Companies
- Toby Taniguchi, Exec. Vice President Store Operations, KTA Super Stores
- Jason Yoshimi, President & CFO, Hawaii Employers' Mutual Insurance Company, Inc.
- Clayton Kamida, President & CEO, Hawaii Employers Council.