News & Announcements
OFCCP Update: Section 503 Focused Review Webinar and Other Compliance Assistance
The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) has been busy launching various resources to assist federal contractors understand their rights and their obligations.
Section 503 Focused Review Webinar: As previously announced, OFCCP will begin conducting Section 503 Focused Reviews. To assist employers better understand the law and how the reviews will be conducted, OFCCP will be hosting a webinar discussing the scheduling process, the focused review process, common problem areas, and best practices. During the webinar, contractors will have the opportunity to ask questions and will be provided helpful information and resources available to assist them in increasing the employment of individuals with disabilities.
- Date: September 11, 2019
- Time: 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time
- Speakers: Tina Williams, Deputy Director of Operations, and Nakisha Pugh, Branch Chief of Functional Affirmative Action Program
- Register: https://dolevents.webex.com/dolevents/onstage/g.php?MTID=eaca61827bd5a7067ad53a1cb108a14e8
Contractors who are unable to participate in the webinar will be able to watch the recording on the Section 503 Focused Review webpage.
Contractor Assistance Portal: OFCCP launched a Contractor Assistance Portal to improve compliance assistance and increase transparency for contractors and stakeholders. You can use the Portal to ask questions, search through FAQs, and access helpful reference and compliance assistance materials.
Compliance Assistance Guides: OFCCP has also posted numerous compliance assistance guides online (with more to come):
- OFCCP At A Glance: Introduces the agency, its mission, the equal employment opportunity laws it enforces, an overview of federal contractor obligations, and workers’ rights.
- What Federal Contractors Can Expect: Provides general expectations that guide interactions between contractors and OFCCP.
- Postings and Notices Guide & Checklist: Focuses on many of the posting and notice requirements that a contractor must comply with regardless of the size of its workforce.
- Applicant Tracking Guide: Provides definitions for Internet and traditional applicants, identifies applicant records that contractors must keep, and provides other key terms to know.
- Applicant Tracking FAQs: Includes common questions and answers regarding applicants and contractor recordkeeping obligations.
- Section 503 Recordkeeping Guide: Identifies which records must be kept by covered contractors and how long they records must be kept.
- VEVRAA Recordkeeping Guide: Identifies which records must be kept by covered contractors and how long the records must be kept.
- EO 11246 Recordkeeping Guide: Identifies which records must be kept by covered contractors and how long the records must be kept.
Deadline Extended for OFCCP’s Excellence in Disability Inclusion Award
In related OFCCP news, the application deadline for the Excellence in Disability Inclusion Award has been extended to November 1, 2019. As announced in a previous news digest article, OFCCP created the Excellence in Disability Inclusion Award to recognize federal contractors who excel in meeting their responsibilities under Section 503 and exemplify the spirit of disability inclusion. Recipients of the Award will receive a three-year moratorium on OFCCP compliance evaluations.