News & Announcements
New Year, New Forms, and Other Reminders
As 2020 kicks off, here are some links to current forms as well as some reminders and upcoming deadlines.
- Form HC-5 for 2020: Employers must ensure employees who choose to waive health care coverage under Hawaii’s Prepaid Health Care Act, complete Form HC-5 annually.
- Form W-4 for 2020: The IRS overhauled Form W-4 for 2020, “Employee Withholding Certificate.”
- The State of Hawaii’s Department of Taxation website provides Form HW-4, “Employee’s Withholding Allowance and Status Certificate,” with a revision date of 2019.
- Although the current Form I-9 expired on August 31, 2019, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”) has not yet released a new form. According to the USCIS website, “Until further notice, employers should continue using the Form I-9 posted here (revision date 7/17/17 N). We will post a new version of Form I-9 as soon as it is available.”
As a reminder, the minimum wage has not changed from last year, and remains $10.10 per hour. However, the minimum wage rate for workers performing work on or in connection with covered federal contracts rose to $10.80 per hour, effective January 1, 2020.
January 31 Deadlines
- Deadline to issue to individuals Forms W-2 and 1099
- Deadline to file with SSA Forms W-2 and W-3 (or Form 8809 for extension)
- Deadline to file with IRS Forms 940 (Federal Unemployment Tax Return), 943 (for Agricultural Employees), and 945 (Annual Return of Withheld Federal Income Tax)
- Deadline to file with EEOC EEO-1 2017 and 2018 Component 2 Pay Data (100+ employees) (extended from 9/30/19)