News & Announcements
COVID-19 News and Resources
Hawaii Employers Council continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and provide employers with resources to assist with their response to the novel issues raised. These resources are listed on HEC’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage. Recently added resources include:
- FAQs Regarding the Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act Contained Within the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201)
- FAQs Regarding the Emergency Family Medical Leave Expansion Act contained within the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201)
- Governor David Ige’s Press Releases
- Honolulu Mayor Kirk Caldwell’s Proclamations, Order, and Rules re: COVID-19
- County of Hawaii’s COVID-19 Webpage
- Maui County’s COVID-19 Webpage
- County of Kauai’s COVID-19 Webpage
- DLIR Unemployment Insurance Division’s COVID-19 Labor Benefits Fact Sheet
- Hawaii Department of Business, Economic Development & Tourism’s COVID-19 & Hawaii Economy Dashboard
- EEOC’s Updated Pandemic Preparedness in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act
- IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief
In other COVID-19 News:
- The Hawaii Department of Labor and Industrial Relations (“DLIR”) recently issued two news releases, the first strongly suggesting filing for unemployment benefits online, and the second announcing that an individual can still receive in-person service by appointment only. For more information on unemployment insurance, the Unemployment Insurance Division has FAQs and a Benefits Estimator.
- On March 13, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (“FMCSA”) issued an Emergency Declaration providing emergency regulatory relief for commercial motor vehicle operations that are providing “direct assistance in support of relief efforts related to the COVID-19 outbreaks.”
- On March 17, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (“OFCCP”) issued a National Interest Exemption memorandum granting a limited exemption and waiver to federal contractors from some of OFCCP’s requirements through June 17.
- On March 19, the National Labor Relations Board announced: “Due to the extraordinary circumstances related to the COVID-19 pandemic, the National Labor Relations Board today approved the suspension of all representation elections, including mail ballot elections, for the next two weeks effective immediately, through and including April 3, 2020.”
HEC members who have questions about their COVID-19 response plans may call us at (808) 836-1511 (Oahu) or 1-800-392-3589 (Neighbor Island).